Natural Nail Advice
Contra indications to natural nail services
What is a contra indication?
A contra-indication is a condition that may prevent or restrict a treatment. Examples of these are:
- Blood thinning medications
- Severe eczema/psoriasis on hand
- Broken bones of the hand or fingers
- Recent scar tissue (within 6 months)
- To keep your nails in optimum condition, please read the following:
- Wear rubber gloves for wet or dirty jobs. Buy them in a size that fits and keep them in the rooms you need them so you don’t forget!
- Do not pick or chew your nails!
- Do not use your nails as tools. Open tins and cans with a spoon if they have a ringpull.
- Do not use your nails to open boxes and packages, or scrape stickers off with them!
- Do not saw your nails with a nail file. File gently into the middle using the pale side of an emery board.
- Have regular manicures
- Only use the pale side of an emery board to file your natural nails
- Trim nails with clippers prior to filing to minimize damage
- Oil nails and cuticles after every hand wash!