Pre-treatment Advice for LVL /Lash Lift, Semi-permanent Lashes, Lash Tint
To get the most from your treatment, please arrive at your appointment without eye make up or mascara. Using removers or face wipes prior to your appointment can cause a barrier on your lashes and the treatment may not take. You must remove contact lenses prior to treatment.
Contra-indications to Lash Treatments
What is a contra-indication?
A contra-indication is a condition that may prevent or restrict a treatment. Examples of these are:
- Skin disorders such as severe eczema or psoriasis on or around the eye area
- Eye infections such as conjunctivitis in the past 6 weeks
- Recent scar tissue (less than 6 months old)
- Any disease/disorder causing twitching, shaking or erratic movement of the eyes
- Weak, thin eyelashes
- Allergy to gel patches
- Allergy to lash products (a patch test must be carried out prior to treatment).
- Bruises – client discomfort may be caused
- Broken bones in the area to be treated
- Do not wet the lashes for 24 hours
- Do not go in a steamy environment for 24 hours
- Do not apply make up/mascara to the area for 24 hours
- Do not rub lashes
- Do not pick or pull semi-permanent lashes. You WILL also pull out your own eyelashes